Tourist Visa Requirements
- Portuguese Visa applicant must possess Original, Valid and Signed passport issued in less than 10 years ago. The passport must have at least 2 blank “Visa” pages and must be valid for a period of at least 90 days beyond the date of return from the Schengen country. Also, copies of the previous Schengen Visas endorsed in an old passport (issued in last 3 years) must be produced.
- A recent, coloured Passport size photograph (45 mm X 35 mm) taken on a light (white or off-white) background should be glued on the Application Form. The photograph should not be more than 6 months old and should show all the facial characteristics of the applicant. Photograph should show the complete face (non-smiling) and the applicant should not be wearing any sunglasses or head cover except the religious head wear.
- Schengen Visa Application Form with 37 columns should be filled with due care by the applicant before submission. The last column for declaration should be filled by the applicant/guardian along with the signatures. Any error in the Application Form will render it invalid.
- British Residence Permit (either stamped in the passport or in the form of biometric card) should be presented (Original as well as the copy and should exceed the validity of the requested Visa by 90 days).
- Documents of Marriage and Spouse: In case where the applicant may be sponsored by their Spouse or Registered Partner
- Marriage Certificate (Original as well as Copy) – If the document was originally issued outside European Union and is neither in English or Portuguese, then it should be translated by a certified translator in UK.
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Passport (Original as well as Copy)
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Proof of Occupation
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Proof of Funds
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Cover Letter which should be dated and signed, confirming the sponsorship.
Proof of Travel (Airplane/Train/Boat/Coach/ (Hired) Car)
- Confirmed return travel tickets should be produced as the proof of travel mentioning the dates of travel to and from the Schengen Area along with the name of Applicant.
- If the travel is via car then, Car Registration, Car Insurance, Return Travel tickets(Ferry or Eurotunnel) stating the car’s registration number and driver’s driving license. If the applicant is not the driver of the car which is used for travel, then a signed and dated cover letter by the driver should be provided, confirming joint travel with the applicant and travel dates.
Proof of accommodation
- Confirmed Accommodation reservations stating the name of applicant, dates of travel and address of accommodation should be provided.
- A joint travel confirmation letter (for cases where applicant’s name is not mentioned in the accommodation reservation), signed and dated by the person, whose name is on the reservation should be provided. The joint travel confirmation letter should be accompanied with copy of that person’s ID Card/Passport plus passport’s signature page (if signature is not on the bio page of the passport).
- If, the accommodation is reserved for the entire group, then a list is required containing the names of all the group members or alternatively the group members’ names may be mentioned on the travel ticket.
Proof of Funds
- Last 3 months UK Current Bank Account’s Bank Statement should be furnished showing details like applicant’s name, address and an end balance, dated within the last month of the online Portugal Visa Application submission date. The applicant should possess sufficient balance in the bank account with at least minimum amount of £ 50.00/day of stay in the Schengen Zone plus outstanding accommodation and travel fees. Printouts of the online bank account are also acceptable.
- Travellers’ Cheque covering the same amount as stated in the above point.