Please submit all of the following documents at the embassy visa center in person. Please make sure that you put them in the order as they appear below.
1. Passport containing the UK residence permit/visa in, both valid for at least 3 months beyond your trip. If your UK visa is stamped in the old passport please provide both old and new passports.
2. Photo: 1 passport-size colour photograph in WHITE/OFF WHITE/GRAY/LIGHT background. Please ensure that your photo is different from the photos on any old visas or passport. Make sure it is the most recently clicked ones.
3. Application Form For Each Applicant. Download Here
4. Transport Details- A confirmation/reservation return ticket to France (Plane, Ferry, Bus, etc.) or booking to Portugal. Internet print-outs are also accepted.
5. Accommodation Proof: Confirmed hotel booking. Internet print-outs are also accepted.
6. Travel Insurance stating name Schengen area and expenses covered. We recommend you to buy Annual travel insurance for long term visa. (Medical cover insurance is different from travel insurance)
7. Bank Statement For Last 3 Months
If you do not have any bank statement or balance, then you will have to submit original EURO Travelers cheque £60 for each day of your stay (per person).
8. Letter from Employer – If Employed: (no older than 1 month before the date of application) on headed paper. Must confirm you are employed by the company and your job title should also be present.
(II) If Unemployed: If you are not working and are supported by a spouse, spouse’s employment letter (as p.i), spouse’s bank statement (as p. F); original spouse’s stamped by respective embassies should be there.
(III) Self-employed: A letter from your accountant must be provided on headed paper, confirming that you are self-employed. The business name, annual income and type of business should be mentioned and it should not be more than one month old.
9. Students: letter from College/University on letterhead. Confirming letter must not be older than 1 month; stating your course and dates of graduation.
10. Business/Conference: If traveling for the purpose of business/Conference Business you need to provide invitation stating your name, company name, and purpose of trip, dates and contacts of the inviting organization. If the company is in Portugal – fax is acceptable. If the company is in the UK such as a conference organizer then – original postal letter is required. Emails are not accepted.
11. Self-Employed: A letter from your accountant must be provided on headed paper, confirming that you are self-employed, and the business name, annual income and type of business should all be mentioned. This should be more than 1 month old.
12. Business/Conference: If traveling for the purpose of business/Conference Business you need to provide invitation stating your name, company name, and purpose of trip, dates and contacts of the inviting organization. If the company is in Portugal – fax is acceptable. If the company is in the UK (such as a conference organizer) – original postal letter. Emails are not accepted.
13. Spouse of British National / EU National
Spouse’s original UK/EU passport and original marriage certificate is needed. If not in English/Portuguese must be officially translated and stamped by the respective consulate or Foreign Office in UK.
Portuguese Embassy requires ‘all documents’ from this list from spouses of UK/EU citizens, i.e. including tickets, bank statements etc.
Below mentioned nationalities will take around 15 working days or it may consume more time for processing.
(Afghanistan, Algeria, Albania, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Burundi, Congo, Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen)